Principal: Mrs. Horseman
Assistant Principal: Dr. Chavez
Retired Principal: Mrs. Alderete
Counselor: Mrs. Dugan
Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA): Mrs. Jimenez
Office Manager: Socorro Gutierrez
Office Assistant: Veronica Gallardo
Office Assistant: Marisol Arevalo
Office Hours: Monday- Friday from 7:30 AM- 4:00 PM
16060 Mesa Robles Dr.
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
FAX: (626) 855-3827
1. Continuum of Cognitive Rigor Depth of Knowledge
- Instruction and assessment at all DOK levels.
- Students engage in cross-curricular learning activities and integrated performance tasks.
2. Common Core: Literacy in All Content Areas
- Reading and writing strategies taught in all content areas.
- Appropriately complex and rigorous reading material in all classes.
- Students respond to questions, citing evidence from text.
- Students write argumentative and informative essays, citing evidence from text and additional resources
3. Common Core: 8 Math Practice Standards
- Explicit instruction and assessment on the 8 Math Practice Standards.
- Students engage in performance tasks and assessments utilizing Math Practice Standards
4. Instructional Model:GRR (Gradual Release of Responsibility)
- Daily instruction follows GRR model.
- Students as active participants owning their learning.
5. RtI (Response to Intervention):Academic and Behavioral
- 3 Tiers of RtI implemented school wide.
6. CTE (Career Technical Education) Pathways
- CCR (College and Career Readiness) exploration and preparation.
- Instruction emphasizes 21st Century workplace skills:
- 3 R’s:Rigor, Relevance, Relationships
- 4 C’s:Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration
- 7 Survival Skills:Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Adaptability, Entrepreneurship, Communication, Accessing Information, Creativity
7. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math)
- Integration of STEAM in all Math/Science instruction to prepare students for college and career success in STEAM fields
California Law (AB354) requires ALL students entering 7th grade to provide the school with proof of a Tdap (Pertussis-whooping cough) booster shot before starting school!
Getting a booster shot now will protect your child against the ongoing threat of pertussis and meet a school requirement.
If your child has already received the Tdap booster, please bring your child’s immunization (shot) record as proof to your child’s school.
If your child has not received a booster shot, please obtain it immediately.
Proof must be submitted before the 1st day of school or the student will not be allowed to attend school. No Shot/No Schedule/No School.